MavenBlue was founded in 2015 by a team of IT and finance professionals who share a common vision on the role of automation in the future of both the finance and the insurance industry.
Our mission is to empower insurance and finance professionals to maximize their added value by providing smart and efficient software solutions.
Mavenblue is currently developing several new products. Among these products are applications for balance sheet management and investment management.
Within these projects, we are offering talented developers the opportunity to help design and develop these applications.
Tasks and responsibilities
– Create project plans for parts of the functionality based on requirements and use cases. Start building after discussing your project plans with your supervisor.
– Build the planned functionality in Java. Use Eclipse for project development and Tomcat as application server. JPA is used for database access and libraries like JAX-RS can be used for implementing REST services.
– Test the functionality after building it and review your work with your supervisor. Use GitFlow for release management and Confluence for documenting your work.
– You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in Computer Science or a related field.
– Knowledge of, and experience with, Java in a servlet environment.
– Knowledge of, and experience with, REST, JAX-RS, JPA and Git.
– Experience in writing SQL statements.
You are working with an experienced developer who has supervised numerous interns at previous firms. Other developers will also be available for guidance and questions.
During the internship, you will receive a salary and reimbursement of (travel) expenses.